Bathroom remodeling is a process that can take a lot of time and effort, but if you have certain tips in your mind, then the job can be done rather easily. To help you out with bathroom remodeling, you can check out the below-mentioned 10 tips, which will definitely put you in a better situation in terms of getting your bathroom transformed.
- Choosing the Right Bathroom Contractor: The first step to the perfect bathroom remodeling is choosing the right contractor. You can compare it to the buttons of your shirt, where if you put the first button in the wrong hole, then all the buttons will be entered in the wrong holes. If the contractor is bad, then you cannot expect a decent remodeling job from him. So, make sure that you use the right contractor to avoid issues later on.
2. Proper Prior Planning: You need to create a plan as to what needs to be done and how. It is true that your contractor will do it for you, but it is always better to have a sense of knowledge about the process.
3. Functional Work Triangles: Work Triangles are associated with kitchen remodeling, but you can certainly use them for the bathroom remodeling. Triangles basically mean the distance between the functional amenities of a bathroom such as showers, tubs, toilets, lavatory sink, and cabinets. Creating sufficient space between these amenities makes your bathroom functional and comfortable and at the same time will instill the feeling of openness and space.
4. Choose the Right Materials: You will have to choose the right materials for a bathroom-remodeling job or else, you will be wasting your time and money besides ruining your bathroom. If you have no idea as to what type of materials are in trend and what type of material, you should have in a bathroom, then you can hire a contractor to assist you with this. He will take a look at your house and suggest you the right materials for your bathroom that will blend well with the aesthetics of your house.
5. Waterproofing and Concrete: You need to make sure that the concrete board is properly waterproofed because that is how it can sustain for a long period of time. If you have hired a reputed bathroom contractor, then he will only use moisture-resistant drywall for dry painted surfaces, whereas for tiles and other wet conditions, he will use the concrete board. He will do all the necessary work to ensure that your bathroom is waterproof and safe.
6. Get Great Lighting: Your bathroom needs proper illumination, so make sure that you have chosen a sufficient amount of lights with proper wattage to transform the appearance of the bathroom. You can use different types of lighting to add beautiful variations to your bathroom. However, make sure that the lights complement one another.
7. Select the Right Trim: You need to choose the right type of bathroom trim as well, which includes, chair rail, crown molding, baseboards, wainscoting, casing, and mirror trim. However, you need to get the right combination of trim because only then you will be able to transform a good bathroom into a great bathroom.
8. Hardware and Fixture Fluency: You have no idea as to how important it is for you to choose the right type of hardware and fixtures for your bathroom. You can select from a number of finishes such as chrome, brass, the combination of chrome & brass, stainless steel, brushed nickel, and oil rubbed bronze. However, you need to make sure that all the fixtures have the same finish because otherwise, it will look very awkward.
9. Remember the Small Stuff: While paying attention to all the major aspects of the bathroom-remodeling project, you should not forget the small stuff such as installing soap dishes, toilet paper dispensers, robe hooks, and towel bars, etc. These small accessories will be used on a daily basis, so if any of these are not installed in your bathroom, then you will definitely feel the inconvenience. When buying these accessories, make sure that blend well with other items that are installed in the bathroom.
10. Don’t overdo it: Make sure that the process of bathroom remodeling does not make your bathroom cluttered. Do not add too many things just because you find them fancy because you may end up making your bathroom look clumsy. Give priority to quality over quantity because that is the mantra of a successful bathroom remodeling.